Sunday, December 20, 2009

Deconstructing Obama's Oslo Speech

Here is a piece from ConsortiumNews that shreds Obama's speech for it faulty reasoning:

"Whether Obama deserved the Nobel Peace Prize is not the point. He didn’t. The fact is he got it, and was gifted with the chance of a lifetime to make a classic speech on the politics of peace-making, a speech that in the glare of Nobel could have attained instant biblical standing.
He failed miserably, producing a hodge-podge that resembled the work of a bright but undisciplined sophomore." (Read more Here)

2 comments:

tasteofbeirut said...

I am so disappointed in Obama; not that i expected much, but still I feel let down in a big way.
By the way, when I met Kamal that day (it was 4PM) he told me he had met an American lady who told him about my blog and he called his friend to tell her I was sitting in front of him-the author of the blog- he made me feel like I was the celebrity, he was so excited!
Anyway, it was pretty serendipitous, don't you think?

Rabi Tawil (AKA Abu Kareem) said...

Joumana,
It's truly a small world! My wife, would have loved to have met you.