Sunday, September 21, 2008

Obama's Unspoken Problem: Part 2

After I wrote my last post, two articles seem to substantiate my impression about the American electorate. The firs one is an Op Ed by Nicholas Kristoff in the NYT which essentially confirms my suspicions that many Americans will not vote for Obama because of his "connections" to Islam. The other is new poll showing that a substantial percentage of Americans, because of their perceptions of African-Americans, will likely not vote for Obama on that basis.

Not even the recent economic meltdown seems to have made a dent in the polls in Obama's favor. Could it be that after eight years of the worst presidency in the United States history, the American electorate is stupid enough to reelect a president of the same party and with largely the same policies as G.W. Bush?

I am afraid the answer on November 3rd will be: yes they are!

No comments: