Saturday, June 09, 2007

Nahr El Bared: Helping the Innocent


This is a brief post to recognize the work of the five organizers of the Nahr el Bared Relief Campaign including one of the Syrian blogosphere's own (Razan). What they have done and continue to do is exemplary; it is human compassion that is not sullied by the narrow-minded, paranoid sectarian calculations that seems to color most discourse and action in Lebanon.

I salute them all and hope that real and lasting peace returns to Lebanon soon.

3 comments:

Antony Loewenstein said...

Hi there,
I'm an Australian about to arrive in Damascus.I'm very keen to meet Syrian bloggers while I'm there. Can you help?
My website is: http://antonyloewenstein.com/
My email is antloew (at) gmail.com

Look forward to hearing from you.
Thanks.

Rabi Tawil (AKA Abu Kareem) said...

Antony,

http://www.syplanet.com/ is the best site to find Syrian bloggers. Welcome to Damascus. As a Syrian expatriate, I will interested in reading you impressions of Damascus and Syria.

Anonymous said...

AK Syria has struck again in Lebanon...Assad needs to be taught a big lesson.